Friday, July 18, 2008

to be a garbage man

So every thursday, vin wakes up in excitement to see the garbage men come to our house and pick up our trash.  I know, exciting.  so i thought it would be cute to take pictures of this weekly event and this picture was a classic moment.  He just stands there and waits to see them.  And now it's cute, there is a lady who drives the garbage truck and now she knows to look up at our window and wave to the little boy that is usually waving to her.  It reminds me of my brother Shawn when he was little. Every time you asked him what he wanted to be, he would say "A garbage man!"

so i thought i'd end with a quote my dad gave to me the other day:
"So when I was young my mom would always tell me I could be anything I wanted to be.  I would ask her, what do you mean ANYTHING I want to be?  She said, you sure ask a lot of questions for a garbage man!"
(hopefully not to offend any garbage men or women out there)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

that's a hilarious quote! i want to reach in my computer screen and pinch vincnet's chubby chubby face and kiss it... lucky for him i cant. :)

sterlingandbrandi said...

That is so funny, I don't think Lily has gotten that attached to the garbage trucks!