Monday, March 30, 2009

Ash saturday

you can kind of see the light grey covering the snow, and you can really see it on the blue tarp.

so i looked out the window saturday afternoon and noticed the sky looked smoky and i couldn't see the mountains.  I asked steve if that could be ash from the volcano that just blew.  (it's Mt Redoubt incase someone hasn't heard and it's been blowing like almost twice a day).  steve looked at me funny and said pretty much along the lines of no.  so i brushed it off and went downstairs with vincent to watch a movie.  Of course as soon as i sat down and got comfortable with Vera on my lap, Vincent say's he wants string cheese.  So i got back upstairs, grab it, then remember Guapo was outside still so i go to let him out and this is what i saw.  well actually this picture is after it got wet so it looked more like an even coat of grey.  As soon as i opened the door i could smell the sulfer.  We finally got ash!  alittle crazy.  Poor guapo was in it for i don't know how long!  So i yelled at steve and told him i was right and he ran out and covered his car.  Apparently this stuff can wreck havic on your engine and if it's under the windsheild wipers it will scratch your glass if you use them.  As you can see it wasn't a thick layer thank goodness but it also may not be the last.  they said this could go on for a few more months even!  remind me why i live here?

1 comment:

Kendra said...

That looks nasty. Colorado is cleaner! I know I am being selfish in wanting you closer, but I can't help it. I miss you guys bad!