Sunday, June 1, 2008

I can breathe again!




well, youth conference is over.  in case some of you don't know, i'm the 2nd counselor in young womens and so i was able to participate with this. I must say, wow, did we put on a show!
Friday night our ward was in charge of the dance so we rented out the anchorage museum of art and i must say, that was the most put together dance i've ever been to. The music (this one goes out to Jamison) was awesome and the desserts, wow.  I had the privledge to paint the back drop for the photo shoot for the kids.  I thought i would include some of vincent.  I had painted the other side but decided to redo it because it looked something along the lines of what steve said was very violent, and very 80's.   I only had 2 days to do it so for the time alotted and the fact it was 15' by 8.5' canvas, i think it turned out pretty good.

6 comments:

sterlingandbrandi said...

Mel, that looks so cool! You should take a dance pic with you and Steve in front of it (you know, both of you in Prom gear) and post it. I like the pictures with Vincent in front though, it looks like you photo-shopped it in.

the little darlings said...

That my dear is an awesome idea, i'm glad you thought of it. i was actually going to cut it up and frame a little part of it, but i will have to for sure do the picture before i do!

Ashley said...

I am so impressed. Since we haven't been friends for about 10 years I think I missed that you were such a great painter. Good job!

Weston Colton Photo said...

Awesome painting. I just realized that you commented on a photo and asked me a question...I mostly shoot with a Nikon D2Xs (digital), but I also shoot with a variety of film cameras from half-frame 35mm to 4"x5" large format view cameras. I think if you go back through my posts you can see examples of the half frames (San Fran post) and maybe the 4x5.

Ambie said...

So awesome ! Thanks for taking pictures of the girls too. Your (in the words of Whitnie) ultra turbo cool.

Brittany said...

Hi Melanie! You commented on my blog weeks ago and I rarely look at my blog (obviously) and just saw it today. You are so awesome and I love seeing what you are up to! Why do you live in Alaska? Adam is very interested to know because he LOVES Alaska. Talk to you soon!