Monday, September 15, 2008

wow was i on a long vacation from blogging

SO, where do I start?  well, since i got home from utah-colorado a lot has happened in my life up here in alaska that has taken my time from the blogging scene.  Also the fact that our wireless isn't working has also played a major role since i do ALL my blogging from my laptop.  So first of all i want to congratulate Sarah and Kaniela for their new baby Soni (sp?).  He either is coming today or tomorrow, c-section.  Also Amiee Babneu for her baby that supposedly came today!  lots of babies.  Speaking of babies, in case you didn't here, Steve and I are also expecting baby #2 around the 25 of Feb.  we find out what it is in one week and 2 days.  I'm very antsy about it.  Also my niece Lily S. is walking which is great although the timing sucks because Vincent is now gone.  But still, she is a cutie!   Also, the main reason I haven't been on line is because a couple weeks ago my niece, Lucy (refer to blog below), passed away the day after she recieved the bone marrow transplant.  The opperation went well but her lungs were just too weak to keep the oxygen flowing.  We will miss her tremendously!!!!!  She was just such a beautiful little angel.  My in laws from their mission even came back for the funeral and stayed with us.  It has been a challange for everyone to really understand and accept why this happened but the Lord knows all.   We will be looking forward to the day when we can be with her and all our family again.  

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Such wonderful news followed by such tragic news. I am so sorry to hear about Lucy. That's just terrible. My cousin lost her baby last year to SIDS, and I know she found lots of online support. Her name is Melanie, and if Lucy's mom wants to talk to someone who's been through the loss of a child, I know Melanie would be willing to lend her perspective. She's LDS, too. You can find her blog on my links. She's really nice. I have A LOT of cousins, and she's my favorite.

But I'm super excited for you! I have to tell you, two is much better than one! One is great, but two is better. They can keep eachother entertained. Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!

Oh, and I saw Phil and Shelly and Phil wanted to make sure that I have your blog site. I assured him that I do. He's so silly.

Aubrie said...

I am soo sorry that we weren't able to meet up while you were in town..major bummer..we had serious things going down so we weren't even able to call or anything..please don't hate us!!
Congrats on #2!! We are so excited for you! How are you feeling? Hope all is well...
We are so sorry to hear about Lucy What a hard trial to face--our thoughts and prayers are with you and Lucy's family as well.