Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Here's to Mt. Redoubt

I know, this picture doesn't do justice, it's just one i found online but I was so excited that i actaully saw the volcano yesturday erupting!  I didn't think that you could see it from Anchorage, but apparently you can.  I was driving dimond blvd yesturday and you could see the Ak range really well.  I looked at the end of it and there was a mountain that seemed to be by itself and it had a big white cloud that mushroomed around the top of it.  I thought to myself, could it be?  na....... then that was that.  That night i was watching the news and sure enough, apparently it ws really big today that everyone could see the volcano erupting from anchorage.   and the image they showed was exactly what i saw, which is kind of like the photo above, that one is just alittle closer.    I think they said it's just steam coming out now, no more ash.  Let's hope.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Wow, I'm glad you are okay, no ashes, you know. Kin folk say, you gotta move away from there!

Melissa said...

Hey hey! Glad to know that you have a blog!!!!

(ps this is melissa rappleye from craft day!)

Unknown said...

YIKES!